In this section you will find everything you need to attend a racetrack event and have a great/safe time.
We will explain motorcycle track prep. registration requirements, rider gear necessities & requirements to proper rider, crew & spectator conduct.
Our crew has been attending and participating in motorcycle racing and motorsports for decades. Our passion and love for the sport equals yours and this is what allows us to provide you with the best, enjoyable, safe & exciting track day experience possible.
Unlike many track days around the GTA we stand apart with our unparalleled attention to detail. From our free rider lunch to our new rider training sessions. It is our goal to ensure you have the most perfect track day experience. Weather you are a veteran or a beginner our crew is here for you.
Following these guidelines will ensure that everyone has a perfect, safe, enjoyable day at the track.
We have laid these guidelines out for you, it is every track day attendees responsibility to read, understand and cooperate with the guidelines and rules explained in this section.
- All participants are required to check in with our registration personnel in order to sign all waivers to receive the appropriate wristband and or safety, registration, inspection sticker.
- All riders and crew must attend the riders meeting, no exceptions. Riders who do not attend the riders meeting will not be permitted to participate in the track day regardless of payment! NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All new riders are required to participate in the New Rider Orientation and must attend a secondary riders meeting which will follow the general meeting. To discuss their first time participation and their possible on-track coaching sessions. Riders who fail to follow these guidelines will be forced to forfeit their track day. We take safety very seriously.
- The safety and registration inspection sticker must be adhered to the front fender of the motorcycle, prior to arriving for safety inspection.
- All participants/riders must affix a medical information pouch to the rear left of their helmet. One pouch will be supplied per rider by Champion Cycle.
- A supplied wrist-band must be worn at all times during the track day in order to be allowed on track and pit lane. You may be asked to show the wristband at any time throughout the track day.
- You will be asked to show personal identification at registration. Please bring a valid form of photo identification with you.
- Please inform our registration staff of any and all medical conditions that you may have. So that we may have the appropriate assistance readily available. Again we take safety very seriously.
- Participants must wear the appropriate riding gear and equipment.
- All gear is to be free from exposed seams, tears, excessive wear and or damage.
- All riders must wear full face helmets: designed for motorcycle use and free from damage. ECE-05, Snell 2005 or newer helmet, in good condition and of proper fitment is mandatory.
- Full one piece or two-piece motorcycle leather suits only. No nylon or kevlar construction only suits will be allowed.
- Riders must wear leather (gauntlet style) gloves that are in good condition with no ripped stitching or broken seams.
- All riders must wear boots that extend above the ankle and have no hanging components.
- CE Level II or higher (hard shell) back protectors are expected and mandatory. Foam or soft shell protectors, similar to those included in some suits, are not an acceptable substitute. T-Pro back protectors and accompanying armour or equivalent are also acceptable.
- All motorcycles must display the number chosen by the rider at the time of track day purchase on the front and both sides at the rear of the motorcycle. These numbers must be easily visible and distinguishable from a distance (8” or greater numbers are recommended). If your numbers are not identifiable and or do not match that which you have selected within your profile you will not be permitted to enter the participate on the track. Again we take safety very seriously.
- All motorcycles must pass our safety inspection prior to admission and entrance on the track. If your bike does not pass safety inspection, you will not receive a refund. It is your responsibility to ensure your motorcycle is suitable for a day of track riding before registering for the track event. We will gladly give you time to attempt to repair and make sure your motorcycle is safe to ride. Times up once the track day concludes.
- All motorcycles must pass sound inspection based on guidelines as put forth by the race track authorities. If your bike does not pass sound inspection, you will not receive a refund. Please check the website of the facility at which the event you are attending is being held for information regarding the appropriate sound inspection. We will gladly give you time to attempt to repair and make sure your motorcycles exhaust system is silenced appropriately and intelligently. Times up once the track day concludes.
- If you are involved in a crash, your motorcycle must pass safety inspection again before being allowed re-entry on to the track.
- Alcohol consumption during track day operation is strictly prohibited. This rule applies to riding participants, crew, family and friends. Anyone found to be consuming alcohol will be escorted from the grounds promptly.
- The use of any and all non prescription drugs will not be tolerated. Anyone found using drugs during the track day will be escorted from the grounds and reported to the authorities.
- Ridiculous, aggressive behavior, physical or verbal confrontation will not be tolerated and anyone exhibiting this type of behavior will be immediately escorted and removed from the grounds, with no refund.
- Riders who either must switch bikes for mechanical reasons, or is just “trying a friend’s bike for the session” must inform Champion Cycle staff prior to attempting entrance on to the track. Any rider who fails to do so forfeit the remainder of their track day. It is imperative for the safety of yourself and others that we know who is on which bike at all times. Once again we take safety very serious.
- Participants who switch or ride in a group he or she is not registered in without receiving approval first from Champion Cycle staff will forfeit their track day and will be given no refund. Again safety first!
- Only riders registered for the track day may participate in day. Loaning your bike to a rider who is not registered for the event to go on track at any point in time will result in a life time ban from Champion Cycle Track days. The safety of everyone attending is our first concern.
- Brake and tires must be in good condition and have enough rubber to get through the day.
- Glass headlights, taillights, plastic lenses and turn signals must be taped over or removed. Head lights, tail lights and signals must not visibly shine through the tape. It's recommended that head and tail light fuses be removed.
- Side mirrors must be removed. Mirrors with integrated turn signals are the only exception, and must be taped over thoroughly.
- We recommend removal of center stands. It is highly recommended that side stands be removed from bikes older than model year 2002. Bikes with side stands must have strong springs to ensure that the side stand will not drop down accidentally. If you're leaving your side stand on consider the use of zip ties.
- All motorcycles must have a fully functional handlebar mounted kill switch and a self-closing throttle in proper working condition.
- All motorcycles must use water instead of anti-freeze or glycol based coolant. A mix of water with Water Wetter or MoCool is recommended. Engine Ice is not permitted. There is no exceptions from this and includes the liquid contained in the reservoir.
- Chains and sprockets must be in good functioning order with absolutely no signs of chain wear. Again safety first! No exceptions.
- It is not required however strongly recommended that oil drain plugs and brake caliper mounting bolts are drilled and safety lock wired.
- All video equipment (Wasp, Go-Pro, Hero or other camera’s, Cell phones etc.) must be inspected and approved during safety inspection.
One on one private lessons are available upon request and can be arranged and custom tailored to your specific needs, whether it be for experience, fun or a race setting.
Private Instructions are coordinated and ran in parallel with our regular events and include the following:
- One on one private coaching, or for private groups to a maximum of 4 student per teacher.
- Experience custom tailored to each skill group level and available to all levels of rider.
- Riders will be assigned a coach for the day, or multiple days at their discretion. Who will privately and solely coach and teach you.
- Only the best professional experienced licensed coaching and teaching staff with csbk pro credentials as well as multiple licensing agency course completions will be used.
- Prices are in addition to any and all track day fee’s.
Please contact Champion Cycle by email or telephone to coordinate a particular event.
Please contact us at least 14 days prior to the track day if you would like coaching in order to allow for adequate time to coordinate and plan your private lessons.
Please note coaches are not present at each track day. Unless prior arranged.
- 1:1 $600 per day
- 2:1 $400 per day
- 3:1 $300 per day
We offer half day coaching for beginners and novice level riders. 1:1 private coaching $300 (no advance notice required).
BEGINNER TRACK ORIENTATION
Offered for riders who are new to track days, have taken an extended vacation from motorsports or just new to a particular circuit.
- The rider is paired with an experienced rider, as a personal coach and on track instructor for the morning of the event.
- Riders are given a secondary in depth riders meeting where they are recommended to ask questions and become familiarized with the track layout and flags. Time to get acquainted with their coach and the other riders in their group.
- Beginners are still required to attend the regular riders meeting with everyone else prior to the secondary in depth meeting.
- Riders will be led around the circuit with the coach and other riders in their group for their first sessions on track throughout the morning within the beginner group.We do not force anyone to leave the beginners group at any time. If you feel you need a few more laps with a coach simply ask we will do our very best to ensure you feel safe and comfortable at the track. We were all beginners once too!
- The coach will meet with beginners between sessions for questions and guidance.
**We were all beginners once. We specifically began offering track days by the request of our clientele in order to answer the elongated call for beginner assistance. Typically track days offered by others have been a "belong to our click or beat it mentality". Beginners or anyone for that matter have been welcomed on to the track by organizers then left to fend for themselves, so to speak. We make it our goal to cater to those novice and beginner individuals. We understand it's your first time. Or you've been absent for years or you're simply insecure in your own abilities. We cannot stress enough: WE ARE HERE TO HELP! Ask as many questions as you like at any time you like. Whether you need help or guidance we will do our best to be there for you.**
We opted into choosing the commonly used color coding system in order to keep our coordination and riders understanding simple.
This riders group is meant to include beginner riders, leisure riders or anyone riding at a consistently slower pace. Passing at this level is strictly forbidden with the exemption of straight-aways. (If you are riding at a slower pace then those around you please exert proper riding etiquette and move to the side on straight-aways, in turn allowing those travelling faster to safely pass).
This riders group is meant to include graduates of the green group, those with race track experience and those that are comfortable consistantly riding at a higher rate of speed. In this group passing is only permitted on straight-aways and exiting corners. No Apex passing is permitted!
This riders group is only meant for those with racing experience. Or those extremely experienced riders who are comfortable travelling at a race pace through out their entire session. Passing in this level is permitted everywhere. Although we ask that riders
do so with caution.
7:30AM REGISTRATION OPENS:
Pre-entered registrants must check in with registration personnel to sign all the waivers and receive their wristbands etc. Safety inspection will also be open at this time. Riders must pass safety inspection with their motorcycle after they have signed in and prior to track entry.
8:45AM MANDATORY RIDERS MEETING BEGINS:
This meeting will take place on pit lane and is intended to inform all participants of last minute changes to the day’s events or any important weather updates. The riders meeting will also include an overview of our flagging system which will be used for the day’s events. The flagging system is crucial everyone's safety whilst on and off the race track. Attendance to this meeting is absolutely mandatory. If you miss this meeting you can count on missing your track day. Again we take safety very seriously!
9:00AM TRACK DAY COMMENCES:
Sessions will be approximately 15 minutes long. We will begin with the RED group. Grouping of riders will be done during registration. The GREEN group’s first session of the day will include the presence of a Champion Cycle appointed coach. Champion Cycle reserves the right to make changes to any rider’s chosen group at any time in-order to assign him or her a more suitable group. Please see group definitions in the (TRACK DAY RIDERS GROUPING) section.
1:00PM RACE TRACK SHUTS DOWN FOR LUNCH BREAK.
2:00PM TRACK DAY COMMENCES:
The racetrack re-opens for the afternoons events. We will begin with the group that was next from the mornings sessions. Some miscellaneous changes may occur to sessions based on the days events or in the event of an unfortunate incident on the track. Champion Cycle reserves the right to make these changes accordingly and at our sole discretion. We will always due our best to ensure that everyone gets as much track time as possible. In the event there is a serious crash or other unfortunate event and a track day is ended early no refund will be granted. simple common sense applies to this.
5:00PM TRACK DAY HAS ENDED:
The track day has ended and the circuit will be closed to all riders.
For any questions or concerns feel free to contact Champion Cycle by email or telephone any time.
- Champion Cycle Inc. Track days are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- All prices listed are subject to 13% HST.
- All prices shown are for Early entry purposes only.
- Payment must be made in full at time of registration.
- Space is limited so early registration is recommended.
- Early entry closes one week prior to any track day.
- A $30 fee will be added after Early entry closes up to 48 hours prior to the track day.
- A $40 fee will be added to any bookings less than 48 hours before the track day as well as any track side registrations.
- Any registrations received less than 5 business days prior to the track day will be considered track side registrations.
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing by mail or emailed to email@example.com at least 10 business days prior to the track day you wish to cancel.
- We ask you to request a "read report" with any cancellation emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure no trust issues regarding the receipt of your cancellation. Our email goes directly to the shop as well as to multiple mobile devices.
- If a rider must cancel a track day, and provides sufficient notice, Champion Cycle Inc. will guarantee the rider a 100% credit equal to the amount paid for the event, applicable toward any future Champion Cycle Inc. track day occurring within 12 months of the date the cancellation is processed.
- Cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the track day are contingent upon the rider’s spot being replaced by Champion Cycle Inc.Your assigned riding group must be at capacity in order for this to apply. If your spot is replaced, you will receive a 50% credit toward another event occurring within 4 months. Champion Cycle Inc. must be contacted in writing.
- Riders other than the person registered will not be accepted and you will not be credited. ie. no one is permitted to replace your spot.
- Cancellation requests received less than 48 hours prior to the track day are not eligible for any credit, and will result in forfeit of payment. In other words: don't try cancelling because there's more clouds than you'd like to see, as Champion Cycle Inc. has already paid for the day as well.
- Champion Cycle Inc. reserves the right to issue credits solely at its staffs discretion.
- Under no circumstances will any cash refunds be handed out.
There is no weather restraints at a Champion Cycle track day. There will be no credits and/or returns due to the weather. Champion Cycle Inc. operates track days rain or shine. If it rains break out your rain tires and continue enjoying your track day. If you do not like to ride in the rain that is chosen at your discretion. Common sense applies here as-well. If we're at the track it's because the day is booked and no one is to blame for the weather. Champion Cycle allows registration at the track as well (if space is available). Therefor if you're a "weather watcher" wait and sign up on the day at the track (fees apply).